My kitchen cabinets are mostly comprised of drawers, there are very few cupboards.
Besides the cupboard under the sink, and the cupboard above the microwave, I only have two other cupboards in my whole kitchen.
These are both lower cupboards with built in dividers.
The cupboard in the island has horizontal shelves for glass baking pans and bread pans.
I have reduced the volume in this cupboard by at least 2/3 in the last couple months. I rehomed/sold/donated a shocking amount of glass baking dishes.
The 1/3 that I kept, fits the space -
Yes, previously, we had to Tetris-in too much stuff with great precision. It was ridiculous.
It is now very easy to get pieces in and out of this cupboard and everything has a very visible/assigned spot. One item coming out of the dishwasher, has an easily recognized spot, no Tetris, no Willy nilly.
There is a vertical cupboard on the left side of the stove with a drawer above it.
The small drawer houses things I need for the oven -
The cupboard with the vertical slats is hard working. It holds cookie sheets, cutting boards, a grease screen, large trivets, a baking stone. My waffle maker also fits there, perfectly.
Here was the vertical cupboard in its before state -
Here it is, empty, with the dividers removed -





