I discovered I really dislike an over packed, cluttered refrigerator. I dislike items getting lost in the back. In fact, for the most part, I like the back to be empty.
The new refrigerator/freezer unit is slightly bigger than the old one. The insides are also configured just a little different. The door has lots of shelves with easy to slide dividers.
I have added clear bins to the regular shelves to keep things organized. The very visible top shelf bins are for fresh fruit and vegetables. Hard boiled eggs are in a bin next to the egg cartons. Dairy items are in a bin next to the yogurt.
I love the shallow drawer in the bottom for snack items like nuts, guacamole, hummus, cheese, applesauce, fruit cups, etc.
These factors all combine to help keep the new refrigerator tidy.
It might be that the pictures (below) look very full to other people. But this refrigerator looks much emptier than our old one ever did. These photos were taken on a Tuesday morning. I picked up a small grocery order the two days before, Sunday and Monday.
Top shelf - fresh fruit and vegetables, very visible at eye level.
2nd shelf - raw eggs on carton, hard boiled eggs in bin, dairy to the right.
3rd shelf - nut bin on left, drinks in back, package of chicken for tonight’s dinner/soup.
Left drawer - apples.
Right drawer - meds that need to be refrigerated.
Door -


