This was not a book club assignment.
Youngest alerted me months ago that William Kent Krueger’s 20th book/Cork series would be available mid August 2024.
I preordered on Audible. I knew there would be a wait at all libraries on the Libby and Hoopla platforms. I wanted to be able to read it immediately.
It automatically popped up in my library.
As soon as I got in my car, leaving my August 21st book group discussion meeting, I started Spirit Crossing.
I knew I could easily finish it before Monday morning rolled around and I started my next discussion group book.
I try to attend one book discussion group per week. These groups meet on Wednesdays or Thursdays. I start the new book each Monday, so it is fresh in my mind for discussion. I do not start another (personal choice) book until after the discussion. So I read one book a week for discussion. And I tend to read one or more books per week that are personal choice.
Youngest and I were introduced to William Kent Krueger, fall 2023, when her book group assigned one of his stand alone novels. She loved it. Her group loved it. I read and loved it. Then I started in on the rest of his list. This was before I started attending one book group a week.
I read all the rest of William Kent Krueger’s books fall 2023. I read the stand along books first and then the Cork series. (I have not read the Cork companion book.)
It very happily took many months to listen/read thru all Krueger’s titles. This emersion method is my favorite way to read a really good author - one book after the other in chronological order.
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/william-kent-krueger/






