Monday, September 30, 2024

Things I Wish I Had Told My Mother by Patterson, DiLallo, Patterson

This was a book club assignment. 

My club members all enjoyed it, all described it as a “light, beach read”. 

We talked a lot about mother/daughter relationships. 

Most people thought the title should have been Things I Wish I had Asked My Mother. Maybe that was already taken.

I did not know one thing about the book when I started reading. And that might have been a problem. 

I was not at all sure where it was going or what it was doing. For some reason when I started, I thought it might be a who none it/mystery.  It was not. 

I might have been better off knowing, it was just a story about a daughter and her mother. There is a twist to the story.










My girls read James Patterson’s Maximum Ride series years ago. I know my mother read lots of Patterson’s early works. I do not think (previous to this book) I ever read anything by James Patterson.  I searched his name, he came up on book recommendations lists by the girls, but not under the books I have read. 

In recent years, he appears to collaborate on most books. I have heard from people who used to love him, that his collaborations are not a good thing. 

His book list is very long - 

https://www.jamespatterson.com/landing-page/james-patterson-books/