Thursday, September 26, 2024

Part 4 - recipe card concept

I only use Facebook for Marketplace/selling. 

I have -0- friends on it. So no one’s updates are in my scroll. 

I have dog, local history, house redo’s, and gardening sites I follow. That is what pops up in my feed. 

Also in my feed are recipes. They pop up randomly. 

Those recipes catch my attention. 


I realized the majority of what I liked about Green Chef was the recipe card/sheet. 

It was having someone else decide what to make, that was key for me.

As recipes caught my attention, on my Facebook feed, I realized I could make my own recipe card/sheet.


I use the note section of my phone. I copy/past/edit.

This (below) is an example of what that process looks like. 

I see a dish that looks good and has the type of foods we eat. I turn it into a recipe card.



Clicking on it, reveals the recipe.




I use the copy function.




I paste it into “Note” on my phone. I start every one with the word “Recipes” so they are very searchable.

I change ingredients and procedures to fit our needs and my cooking style/techniques. I condense, recipes tend to be too wordy for me.  I edit it to fit on one page. I include a small photo.  









Here is the key point that makes this work for me. 

I do not print these recipe sheets until I make sure I have all the ingredients and am planning to make the dish very soon. 

So I check my supplies, add ingredients to my grocery curbside order, and then print. 

I put the printed recipe in the stand on my island, just like I used to do with my Green Chef recipe cards. 

I put a checkmark ✔️ after the word “Recipe” in the document, in the notes section of my phone, to signify that I have printed it and the recipe sheet is on my stand.



I have 80+ of these one page recipe sheets saved in the notes in my phone.

I use a heart to signify recipes I have tried and we like. I use a thumbs down to mark the ones we do not like.