For the year I cooked Green Chef, we had no leftovers. I liked not having the refrigerator crowded with leftovers. I liked not having to keep track of leftovers.
But I had the Green Chef paper bags crowding the refrigerator. I did not like the crowding. I did not like feeling pressured to cook, feeling pressured to use up the bags quickly.
Ceasing Green Chef, earlier this year, I changed my philosophy several times.
First I tried to replicate the concept of cooking two servings for dinner with no leftovers.
Frankly, I was OVER cooking every night. I really like to cook a larger quantity, every few days.
So, even with just two of us, I now cook larger batches of things several times a week. But the refrigerator does not over flow.
I put my grocery order in so I have my specific ingredients and cook.
Then we bundle all the leftovers into individual sizes and put them in the freezer, not the refrigerator. It is like I am making my own frozen meals.
My husband utilizes these leftovers for lunches. If I do not happen to cook dinner, he utilizes these leftovers in the evening too.
So I can make batches of what I am hungry to eat, but I do not have to consume the same thing all week. I can eat it once for dinner, and be done.
We use our glass anchor hocking/pyrex bowls for freezing.
But we do not use the standard lids for freezing, the standard lids crack in the freezer. (We still use the standard lids for the refrigerator.)
Instead, we use a thicker, more pliable silicone lid (below) for the freezer. They work extremely well.
We hand wash all lids.


