Saturday, September 28, 2024

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin is considered to be an “adult realistic fiction novel”.

This was a book club assignment. Everyone in my book group really loved it. I loved it too. Great characters, well written, engaging. It is a great story all round. 

Most people in my group said they were teary reading, in a good way, there were many really great moments. Me too.


I use Does The Dog Die? app to alert me to animal triggers. The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin was not listed on the app. There was one chapter that I instinctually skipped, when a dog was mentioned. When I asked the group about it, no one remembered that detail. 

I read every assigned book just before a group meets each week. If it is a harder book, I also review SuperSummery early in the wee hours, on the day of my meeting.  

If it is a book I have already read, I often reread it or read the whole SuperSummery listing. 

Most people in my group read the assigned book well in advance, sometimes they are not fresh on the story. I cannot do that and discuss accurately.







The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin reminded me of Queenie (below) which I read May 2024. Both books are set in terminal cancer units. Queenie takes place in England. 100 takes place in Scotland.