Friday, October 03, 2025

Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush

Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush (2009) was one of three First Lady autobiographies left for me to read with my First Lady project. Earlier post. 


Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush is an excellent book written by a lovely person. 

She did a good job with some tough topics. 911, Afghanistan, Iraq, Katrina, and a financial crash all happened during Bush’s 8 years.

The book kept a positive tone. I found it compelling to read, I wanted to keep going. 

Laura Bush’s accent is lovely and she does a great job reading her own book. I listened to this book on Audible at a 1.1 speed.

Note - I could only find this book in audio format on Audible and only in an abridged format. 

Note - I enjoyed Laura Bush’s MIL/Barbara Bush’s autobiography very much also. 


I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 







In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.