Wednesday, October 29, 2025

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

I am reading Liane Moriart‘s (ten) books in order. I have a break before my next assigned book, that helps. I am not reading her kids series.

There are three authors listed at the bottom of this post, Liane Moriart and two of her sisters, who are also published authors.


Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty was styled very much like Big Little Lies. There was a big event. There were flashbacks building to the big event. Both books, did not grab my attention until I was well (hours!) into them. But then by the end, I liked them. 

I can absolutely see that Big Little Lies would be better on TV than as a book. 


I listened to Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty in audio format. It was 17+ hours long. The last 7 hours of the book were good. The first 10 hours of the book needed to be edited down to 5 hours. 

There are other reviews stating that the big event was not big enough. I think it would be, if the first half of the  book was shortened, so it was more proportional.


So far, my opinion is Liane Moriarty’s writing was best when she started. I am hoping these two books are blips and the last few are better. I have three Liane Moriarty books left to go. 



I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 







Note - The Nicola Berry series is for children.



Jaclyn Moriarty is Liane Moriarty’s sister -





In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.




Nicola Moriarty is Liane Moriarty’s sister -