Thursday, October 30, 2025

The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich

The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich was an assigned book for the group middle and I both attend. 

I took a time out on my Liane Moriarty deep dive to listen to The Night Watchman. It was a good choice for a break, as opposite as opposite could be from the ten Moriarty books. I have three more Moriarty’s to go.   

Like many Pulitzer Prize winning books, and many classics, The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich is not a novel for everyone.  I liked it a lot, rich characters, excellent writing, very interesting stories. Incredible sad topics interwoven with a community full of strong families. 

Louise Erdrich, the author, also narrated this book. I am normally not a fan of authors reading their own fiction. But Erdrich did an outstanding job, perfect voice for this story. 




















I maintain accounts on GoodReads and StoryGraph, thanks to youngest getting me organized. 

StoryGraph - 









In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. I use this website because there are no spoilers. But if I need a description, I can click over using the links, easily. There are also author bios.