Sunday, February 16, 2025

A solution for the metal birds

Last spring, hauling arbors and other metal works out of the garage as we organized the flower beds for spring, we made the decision not to winter them in the garage any more. 

We decided getting everything in and out of the ground and storing them in the garage probably caused more damage than the weather.


I have three metal birds in the flower beds next to the driveway. The largest blew over in a strong wind fall 2024. Winter was coming. I needed to secure them.




Five hooked stakes secured them before winter hit. Three stake the large bird. Two stake the medium bird. None are holding the little bird which is very low to the ground.

Two of these stakes came with the medium bird, but we had never pounded them in the ground. 

I took a bent piece of rebar (from our garage) and one of the hooked stakes to a local welding shop. They have a pipe bender. They cut my rebar in thirds and made three hook stakes.




The birds are now secure. 

And, best part, I used up a bent rebar from the garage.