Sunday, February 02, 2025

The Last Child and The Hush both by Richard Hart

January, I had a week and a half pause between book groups. 

I listened to two books by Richard Hart. These are sequels, written ten years apart. 

The Last Child and then The Hush.

Very unexpectedly, I loved both of them. 


All I knew about The Last Child was youngest had read the book for her group in 2024 and recommended it. My husband had listened to it also. 

I flew through The Last Child in just a couple days. I thought it was very well written and compelling. The subject matter was tough, but not too graphic. I really liked it. 

Then I moved on to The Hush, which is the second/last  book in the series. It was just over 14 hours. I averaged 3 hours the first couple days, then sprinted to the end on the third day to finish it.

I loved The Hush. Super well written and really great. Never would I have guessed I would like it. Sometimes this book is classified as mystical. More often the genre is labeled a combination of horror, mystery, thriller. 

I kept thinking - I loved Dracula also. And that was such a surprise, long ago. 



















https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/john-hart/