Saturday, February 08, 2025

The Violin Conspiracy and Symphony of Secrets by Brendan Slocumb

I thought this book, The Violin Conspiracy, was good. The writing was good. The plot was good. It was a unique look into a family and the world of violins. The audio reader was perfect. I left the audio pace at 1.0, I was not in a hurry. But others might like a quicker pace.  Tom Hanks has taught me that sometimes, an increased pace helps.

I immediately read the author’s second book, Symphony of Secrets. It was okay/middling, but not as good as the first book. This second book bounced between two time frames, one in the present and one in the past. I liked the current time frame characters/plot. I did not like the past characters, somehow I never got attached to them. I realize the past timeline was vital to the plot, but still was just not a fan. 

I put my name on the Libby wait list for the audio version of the author’s third book, The Dark Maestro, due out in audio this spring. 























https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/brendan-slocumb/