Wednesday, February 26, 2025

The second Lottie

 I finished this quilt top (below) early Wednesday February 12, 2025. It is the earthy Lottie Quilt for a close friend of youngest. 

In the photo (below) the quilt is laying on its own backing fabric. I always measure to make sure everything is the right size. My long arm quilter requires at least 5” extra all the way around of both batting and backing fabric.

This quilt top ends with sashing and corner stones. I purchased the sashing fabric specifically for this quilt. The blocks were made with fabric I had on hand. 

I did not make this quilt any particular size. I just made it proportional and as wide as I could based on the flannel backing fabric (108” wide flannel, Joann’s). 

I am very pleased with this quilt. It is very cohesive. 

It is not in colors I would make for myself, but it is beautiful. 

I think my maternal grandmother would have loved the colors in this quilt. It makes me think of her house in the 1970’s.

The batting and flannel backing are ready too. It is ready to go to my long arm quilter and then my binder. 

There are two of my quilts in front of it, in line, at my long arm quilter’s. But there is no deadline for this quilt. It is a gift, but not for a specific event.



The quilt (above) has 12 blocks/sashing/corner stones. 

Below is the first Lottie, made for middle’s bed, light and airy, with 9 blocks/sashing/corner stones/borders, for comparison. It is still at the long arm quilter’s.