My good with color friend commented, as the Lottie blocks were being made and rejected, that all the extra blocks would probably work together as a second Lottie quilt.
Actually the reject blocks are the start of four additional quilts.
As soon as I finished piecing the original Lottie (above, late January 2025) I gathered all the reject blocks and the remaining fabric.
I divided them into rows/piles. Yes, my xmas decorations were still on display. But they are now down and put away for the year.
From left to right -
Starting with 2 blocks of 9 needed, green/tan/off white, headed to oldest/DIL. Flannel print backing.
Starting with 4 blocks of 9 needed, gold/rust/off white, headed to Youngest’s best friend since kindergarten. Flannel print backing.
Starting with 2 blocks of 9 needed, red, headed to youngest. Flannel plaid backing.
And Lottie II on the far right will be middle’s back up quilt. I am starting with 3 of the 9 blocks needed. Goal is to make the top and binding for her to put away. At whatever point Lottie I wears out, she can find someone to quilt it for her. She knows how to bind.
Super pleased, to be organized (below). So fabulous to use up these nicely blending fabrics.




