Sunday, February 23, 2025

The Rosie Project Series by Graeme Simsion

In each book post, I utilize https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/

This is a wonderful website that helps clarify the publication order of books and verifies book series. 




The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion was a current assignment from one of my book groups. 

I listened to it on Audible last week. The author bio, bottom of post, is also from Audible.







This book had two strikes against it.

First, I had to pull myself out of my Paulette Jiles immersion to listen to it. 

Second, I caught a glimpse of the word “hilarious” in a review. This is never a good sign for me, but usually means the rest of my group will love it.


I was pleasantly surprised. After I got past the beginning, where the author was establishing the main character, I liked the book. 

I went on to listen to the next two books in the series, The Rosie Effect and The Rosie Result, because I had time just before my group meeting and that is how I roll. 

I found both of these books (2nd and 3rd) on Libby with no wait. 

All three books were read by the same person, Dan O’Grady. He did a good job. 

The second book, The Rosie Effect, suffered from second book (or second season) syndrome in my opinion. I was not a fan of roughly half the book, it dragged. I liked parts of it, when it picked up the pace and was more interesting. 

Then I went on to read the third book in the series, The Rosie Result. The third book was just as good as the first, in my opinion. 

After I read all three books, I realized three reasons why the second book, The Rosie Effect, was not a favorite for me. 

- The pace was slow for parts of the story.

- I like a good project. I thrive on organization. The project focus was weak in the second book. (The “project” element of the first and third books was strong.)

- There was a character in all three books that I did not like. He represented chaos to me. His presence was strong in the second book. 


So, I finished all three books just before my meeting. 

As I suspected, the group liked The Rosie Project. Everyone read the book. Everyone liked the book very much. There was quality discussion. One other person had read all three books. 























https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/graeme-simsion/